Current Affairs Capsule – February 8, 2020
- February 8, 2020
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- Ravidas Jayanti, the birth anniversary of Sant Ravidas, was celebrated across the country on 9th February, 2020. He was a 14th-century saint and founder of the Bhakti movement in North India. The saint emphasized brotherhood and harmony to bring upon positive change in the society. Ravidas was an Indian mystic poet. His teachings are highly popular in the states of Rajasthan, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh. His songs are included in the Guru Granth Sahib. His teachings deal with the “Nirguna-Saguna” theme.
- The 23rd National Conference on e-Governance was held in Mumbai from 7th February to 8th February 2020 under the theme “India 2020: Digital Transformation”. The conference witnessed discussion on issues of opportunities and challenges in transforming governance using digital technologies. Mumbai Declaration on e-Governance was unanimously adopted at the conference. The National e-Governance Awards 2020 were also presented at the conference.
- A meeting of the BBIN nations – Bangladesh, Bhutan, India and Nepal – was held here on 8th February, 2020 to deliberate on a proposed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for implementation of the motor vehicle agreement for regulation of passenger, personal and cargo vehicular traffic among the countries. The meeting was held to discuss the passenger and cargo protocols that are to give effect to the Motor Vehicles Agreement (MVA) signed on 15th June, 2015.
- India and African nations on 6th February, 2020 adopted the Lucknow Declaration during the first India-Africa Defence Minister’s Conclave that was held on the sidelines of the DefExpo 2020. The declaration called for deeper cooperation in the domain of defence industry. It recalled India’s contribution to defence and security in the African continent through setting up of Defence Academies and Colleges in Nigeria, Ethiopia and Tanzania. The first-ever Africa India Field Training Exercise – AFINDEX was held in March 2019.
- The Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) is going to launch the new company incorporation form “Spice+” on 15th February, 2020. The new form will reduce the time taken and the cost of registering a company that was estimated at around four hours in December-January. The MCA regulates corporate affairs in India through the Companies Act, 1956, 2013 and other allied acts, bills and rules.
- DRDO’s High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL), Pune, during the DefExpo 2020, signed technology development contract with Rosoboronexport, Russia for the development of the Advanced Pyrotechnic Ignition Systems. This will enable advancement in the field of energetic materials and pyrotechnic technology leading to the development of advanced ignition systems. It will facilitate design and development of solid rocket motors for upcoming products.
- Britain’s Prince Charles has unveiled a new children’s protection fund for India as a part of the British Asian Trust, the charity founded by him in 2007 to fight poverty in South Asia. American singer Katy Perry is named as the ambassador of the new fund. The fund will be focussed on reducing the exploitation of children by 50 per cent in India over 10 years. The main focus areas of the Fund will cover child sexual abuse, child labour and trafficking. Indian philanthropist Natasha Poonawalla has made a multimillion-pound pledge in support of the fund, which she will chair and the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIIF) is set to match fund everything raised upto GBP 25 million to develop the largest anti-trafficking fund in South Asia.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. Where was the 23rd National Conference on e-Governance held?
Q2. Which among the following is not among the BBIN nations?
Q3. When was the first-ever Africa India Field Training Exercise – AFINDEX held?
Q4. Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) is going to launch the new company incorporation form _________
Q5. When was the British Asian Trust founded?