Current Affairs Capsule – January 10, 2020
- January 10, 2020
- Posted by: Team CP
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- Hindi Diwas or World Hindi Day is celebrated every year on 10th January to create a suitable environment for the promotion of Hindi worldwide and to present Hindi as the prevalent language of the world. The first World Hindi Conference was held in Nagpur on January 10, 1975. Former Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh announced to celebrate World Hindi Day on 10th January every year in 2006. ‘National Hindi Day’ is celebrated on 14th September every year.
- The Supreme Court on 10th January, 2020 stated that the right to access the internet is a fundamental right under Article 19 of the Constitution of India. It was stated while hearing petitions challenging restrictions and internet blockade imposed in Jammu and Kashmir after the abrogation of Article 370 in August 2019.
- The Andhra Pradesh Government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with a German firm KFW to implement Zero Budget Natural Farming in the state on 9th January, 2020. The State Government will take a loan of Rs. 1015 crores to spend towards climate resilient ZBNF. The project aims to cover 2.39 lakh farmers in 600 villages.
- Indian origin writer Jasbinder Bilan has been awarded the UK Costa Children’s Book Award for her debut novel ‘Asha and the Spirit Bird’ that is based on the story of eleven-year-old Asha, who is empowered with spiritual connections to her grandmother as she journeys through the wild and dangerous Himalayas with her best friend Jeevan. She will receive 5,000 pounds as the winner of the award. The Costa Book Awards were first awarded in 1971.
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) released a report ‘Market Study on E-commerce in India: Key Findings and Observations’ on 8th January, 2020. The market study for the report was initiated in April 2019 by the CCI with an objective to understand the performance of e-commerce in India. The revenue from the e-commerce sector is growing at the rate of 51%. In the food sector, 83 percent of restaurants admitted that they have an online presence. The report also stated that the most of the consumers are using price comparison tools for hotel bookings.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the agreement between India and Mongolia on Cooperation in the Exploration and Uses of Outer Space for Peaceful and Civilian Purposes. The agreement was signed in New Delhi on 20th September, 2019 during the visit of the President of Mongolia to India. The agreement set up a Joint Working Group with members from the Department of Science (DOS) or ISRO and the Communications and Information Technology Authority of the Government of Mongolia.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs on 8th January, 2020 approved the Rs 5,559 crores North East Gas Pipeline Grid. The pipeline is to be constructed for around 1,656 km in eight states of the North East Region namely Manipur, Meghalaya, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Sikkim, Nagaland and Tripura. The Grid will supply CNG to automobiles, cooking gas to households and fuel to industry.
Participate in Blue Book Contest and win exciting prizes. Leave your answers in comments column.
Q1. On which day is the World Hindi Day observed every year?
- January 8
- January 9
- January 10
- January 12
Q2. Which state signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with a German firm KFW to implement Zero Budget Natural Farming?
- Andhra Pradesh
Q3. When were the Costa Book Awards first awarded?
Q4. In the food sector, ___________percent of restaurants admitted that they have an online presence.
Q5. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved the Rs ___________crores North East Gas Pipeline Grid
Q6. Cabinet approved the agreement between India and _______on Cooperation in the Exploration and Uses of Outer Space for Peaceful and Civilian Purposes