After (Effects of) AILET, now CLAT – Just get up dust your pants and soldier on
- May 9, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Tips for Law Entrance Exams
AILET 2017 is over and done with. While the paper prima facie was not something to write home about, your thinking about it will distort it all the more and eat into your concentration and preparation for CLAT.
just get up dust your pants and move on. the fall will hurt only as long as you think about it.having said that, i would like to clarify, while i’m asking you to move on with your life , i’m not asking you to take home nothing from AILET. the entire gruelling experience of the paper should have spouted some learnings. those learnings are important for the CLAT. they should at least help you with what not to do.
The singlemost important thing that emerged from the experience of the AILET paper was TIME MANAGEMENT. scores of students have admittedly messed up there. whatever may be the case timing needs to be disciplined. no matter what paper you write – easy or difficult – STICK TO THE BASICS!
Take up easy questions first, those that you’d solve in under a minute, and then move to the difficult ones. for example you could solve English verbal section in 10 minutes and then move to reasonings – legal and logical. now if you are stuck on a set here rather than slugging with it leave it on review and move on. finish the other parts; GK, Math and RC. And then DO KEEP TIME to come back to the review section. Just ensure that you NEVER allow yourself to get stuck.
For the last 4 days just focus on the following
1. previous year papers if you haven’t done them yet
2. Gk – since it is never ending, i’m sure you will not be quite done with it as yet
3. analysis – it will be a good time to go over your mistakes and educate and inform yourself how not to make them again.
4. you could avoid full time testing after thursday. and practice anything through short tests
5. keep positive thoughts
6. throw the previous sunday out of the window; well atleast for the time being
And for any other clarification never hesitate to contact your mentors.
All the best for CLAT 2017, let it be your crowning glory.