Headlines of the Day-13th jan
- January 13, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
1. India has Estimated its Wheat Production to be 112 Million Tonnes, for the 2022-23 Crop Year (July-June) according to the Agriculture Ministry Data.
Wheat Production for 2021-22 Crop Year was 106.84 Million Tonnes and 109.59 Million Tonnes for 2020-21 Crop Year.
2. A total of 7,000 New Electric Buses will hit the Streets by the end of 2024, under the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles (FAME-II) Scheme.
Presently 3,000 Electric Buses are operating in the Roads.
FAME India Scheme came into effect from 1st April 2015, with an objective to support Hybrid/Electric Vehicles market Development and Manufacturing Ecosystem.
The Monitoring Authority of FAME is Department of Heavy Industries.
3. Socialist Stalwart and Former Union Minister Sharad Yadav passed away at an age of 74 on Thursday. Sharad Yadav rose to fame after his association with Jayaprakash Narayan’s Movement.
He had won Lok Sabha elections from 3 States (Bihar, MP, UP).
After breaking from Janta Dal- United in 2018, he founded Loktantrik Janta Dal, which later was merged into Lalu Prasad Yadav’s Rastriya Janta Dal.
4. United Arab Emirates has named Sultan Al-Jaber, CEO of Abu Dhabi’s National Oil Company as the President of CoP-28 Climate talks.
5. The 15th Edition of the FIH Men’s Hockey World Cup will begin from today in Bhuvneshwar, Orissa.
This event is played after every 4 years. This year a total of 16 teams will be participating in the Tournament.
The Indian side will be led by Harman Preet Singh.
Belgium is the current world champion. India has won its only World cup in 1975. Pakistan with 4 titles has most number of Trophy wins.