News Headlines -17th Jan
- January 17, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Current Affairs Capsule
- Wholesale Price based Inflation has come down to a 22-month low to 4.95% from 5.85% in December 2022.The Deceleration is primarily due to the fall in prices of Food articles, such as Vegetables.This is the seventh straight month of declining Wholesale price-based Inflation.
- In a recent study published by the Oxfam International 40% of the Country’s wealth is owned by the top 1% of the population, whereas the bottom 50% of the population owns a bare 3%.
- Law Minister Kiren Rijiju seeks formation of Search and Evaluation panel which will have Government representatives to shortlist and Suggest names to Collegiums for Judgeships in Constitutional Courts. However former Union Minister has called the move as a Poison Pill for Judiciary.
- The President of Egypt Abdel Fateh el sisi will be the Chief Guest for the upcoming Republic Day Celebrations at New Delhi.
- ISRO’s visionary project to Venus, Shukrayaan-1, which was scheduled to be launched in December 2024, has been postponed to 2031.Originally the Shukrayaan-1 mission launched was cited in mid-2023, but due to the Pandemic it was delayed to 2024, but now due to Manufacturing Delays and various other issues, the launch now will be delayed to 2031.