On This Day-18th Jan
- January 18, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Exam Analysis
On this day – 18th January 2023
• In 1689, Montesquieu, French philosopher whose theory of separation of powers has been implemented in many constitutions in the world was born.
• In 1778, English explorer and naval captain James Cook became the first European to discover the Hawaiian Archipelago.
• In 1919, the Paris Peace Conference began in Versailles, France, to formally end World War II and dictate terms for the defeated axis powers.
• In 1949, Charles Ponzi, Italian con artist who orchestrated one of the biggest get rich frauds in history, which was later named after him as “ponzi scheme” passed away.
• In 1993, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day was officially observed for the first time in the USA.
Q1. Which is the only UN body with the authority to issue binding resolutions to member states?
Q2. What is the tenure of a non permanent member at UNSC?
A2. Two years
Q3. When did China end its one-child policy?
A3. 1st January 2016
Q4. A radio signal originating from atomic hydrogen in an extremely distant galaxy was detected by which telescope?
A4. Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope
Q5. Ponzi scheme was named after which con artist?
A5. Charles Ponzi