On This Day-25th jan
- January 25, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Exam Analysis
ON THIS DAY – 25TH JANUARY
It is National Voters Day today! Theme: Nothing like voting, I vote for sure
It is National Tourism Day today! Theme: not announced
- In 1565, the Battle of Talkota took place between the Deccan Sultanate and Vijayanagara Empire, resulting in the latter’s defeat and the fall of the last major Hindu kingdom in South India.
- In 1924, the first Winter Olympics in history were held in Chamonix, France. 16 events were organized from five sports but the host country France failed to win a single gold medal.
- In 1961, the Disney animated classic One Hundred and One Dalmatians was released in the US and introduced fans to the iconic villain Cruella de Vil.
- In 1971, American cult leader Charles Manson and three of his followers, who carried out the grisly murder of pregnant actress Sharon Tate and four other people, were convicted.
- In 1971, the union territory of Himachal Pradesh became the 18th state of India, with Dr Yashwant Singh Parmar as its first chief minister.
- In 1980, Christian missionary and humanitarian Mother Teresa was awarded the Bharat Ratna for her work towards the betterment of the poor.
- In 2005, NASA’s Mars Exploration Rover, also called Opportunity, landed on Mars and functioned till 2018.
QUIZ – 25th JANUARY
Q1. Who was the first CM of Himachal Pradesh?
A1. Yashwant Singh Parmar
Q2. NASA’s mission called Opportunity was for the exploration of which planet?
Q3. Which article of the Indian constitution provides for the formation of the election commission of India?
Q4. Who was the first Indian to win an Oscar?
A4. Bhanu Athaiya
Q5. Where will the 2023 Hockey World Cup final be held?