Online v/s Offline Coaching for CLAT which one is better?
There has been a global shift in lifestyle as a result of the covid epidemic. Whether in the realm of academia or the workplace, technology has both paved the way for new opportunities and closed or challenged established ones. Students taking standardised tests, such as the Common Law Admissions Test (CLAT), have altered their study strategies in response to the prolonged duration of lockdowns.
There was a significant increase in the number of online coaching courses offered throughout covid times. These courses were once seen as pointless and a way to pass the time. We now know this to be completely false. When it comes to online tutoring, parents’ perceptions have shifted thanks to coaching institutes like CLAT Possible.
We are now seeing a return to pre-covid conditions worldwide. Because of this, many students are unsure whether they should pursue coaching online or offline. Consequently, this essay will compare the two to determine which is best for kids.
First, we’ll examine the various advantages and disadvantages of both online and offline CLAT preparation courses.
CLAT Preparation: Online v/s Offline
|Online Coaching:||Offline coaching:|
|Classes are conducted online on an internet-connected device such as a mobile, laptop, or tablet.||Classes are conducted physically, giving a good vibe of study.|
|Students can learn from the best faculty of their choice from anywhere.||Limited numbers of teachers to learn from.|
|Students can interact with faculty online only and solve their doubts.||Personal interaction with teachers and individual doubt-solving classes.|
|Students can watch the recorded session anytime to understand the concept clearly.||No recording facility is available.|
|Students get a chance to compete with students from all over India and abroad.||Limited competition due to a limited number of students.|
|Interaction with peers will also be online.||Physical interaction with peers.|
Based on this data, we may conclude that, with a few exceptions, there is no difference between online and offline tutoring. You can easily qualify CLAT if your offline coaching is provided by experienced mentors. It is considerably easier to concentrate and track performance in offline teaching centres.
Teachers in online coaching, on the other hand, tend to be highly trained than those in traditional classroom settings, because they deal with students from all over the country. Additionally, students in online tutoring are up against much more quality competition from their peers. Therefore, in this instance, online mentoring is preferable to offline mentoring.
Let’s compare and contrast these two approaches to coaching and their benefits and drawbacks.
Advantages of Offline coaching:
- In a more traditional classroom atmosphere, students are less likely to be distracted in a classroom setting.
- Negligible screen time.
- Students get an opportunity to learn from peers.
Disadvantages of offline coaching classes:
- Lack of personal attention (If the batch is large)
- Quality of mentoring varies as per center and batches
- High expenses due to travel, food, accommodation, and other costs.
- There are no recorded lectures.
Advantages of online coaching classes:
- Students can prepare for CLAT from the comfort of their homes.
- Online coaching classes are much more affordable compared to offline coaching centers.
- Students save time traveling and doing other chores as they reside and prepare from home. Moreover, these online classes offer cheaper subscription plans.
- Online classes offer much more transparency than their offline counterparts.
- Students can watch recorded lectures as many times as they want. This way, they can grasp concepts much more clearly.
Disadvantages of online coaching:
- Taking long hours of classes on mobile phones and tablets put a strain on students’ eyes. Because of this, students often get irritated, which affects their preparation.
- Because of the availability of recorded lectures, sometimes students don’t concentrate fully on class. So, students need to self-discipline themselves.
- Students must have a good internet connection and a laptop for attending classes and accessing study materials.
In which case is it preferable? There are benefits and drawbacks to studying either online or offline, as we have shown. So, students can select their preferred delivery method. Today, it’s not uncommon for an online tutoring service to also offer classes in a physical location. Hybrid coaching describes this approach.
We think that technology is the essence of time, and that CLAT aspirants can benefit much from combining traditional study methods with modern technological tools. Those interested in a career in law can have the best of both worlds by opting for a hybrid approach to learning. CLATPossible provides a blended approach to learning with finest mentors and proven track record of producing top rankers every year since 2010.
CLATPossible study centres are located in all major Indian cities including Delhi, Lucknow, Kanpur, Chandigarh, Patna, Allahabad etc. At clatpossible.com you can find a variety of educational options, including classroom programmes, correspondence courses, and intensive crash courses.
You should sign up for hybrid training for CLAT 2023–24 at clatpossible.com without giving it much more thought.