By I Jul 26, 2023
In 2020, more than 75,000 candidates registered for the CLAT exam, and in 2021, more than 86,000 candidates appeared for it.
Common Law Admission Test, or CLAT, is an entrance exam conducted on a national level for students who want to pursue a career in law. It is a computer-based exam that tests the candidates' knowledge of various areas of law, such as English, general knowledge, mathematics, legal reasoning, and logical reasoning.
But why is it so popular? This popularity can be attributed to the high demand for law courses in India and the reputation of the law schools that accept CLAT scores. These institutions offer excellent education, exposure to various legal fields, and opportunities for internships and placements.
What Are the Different Law Careers in India?
A law degree offers a wide range of career opportunities. Here are some of the most common career in law in India that law graduates pursue:
- Legal Practice: Many law graduates become practising lawyers by joining an established law firm or starting their own. Lawyers can specialise in various areas of law, such as criminal law, corporate law, intellectual property law, and family law, among others.
- Judicial Services: One can also pursue a career as a judge or magistrate after clearing the relevant examinations.
- Academia: Law graduates can enter the field of academia by pursuing an LLM degree and then teaching law at universities and colleges.
- Civil Services: Civil service exam is also an option. Students can work in various administrative roles in the government, such as IAS, IPS, IFS, or as legal advisors.
- Corporate Law: Many companies hire lawyers to handle their legal affairs, such as drafting contracts, negotiating deals, and conducting litigation. This offers great career options for law students.
- Legal Journalism: Law graduates can also enter the field of legal journalism by working as legal correspondents for newspapers, magazines, and news channels.
- Legal Process Outsourcing (LPO): LPOs provide legal support services to clients globally. Law graduates can work as legal analysts, advisors, or document reviewers in LPOs.
- Mediation and Arbitration: Law graduates can also work as mediators or arbitrators for resolving disputes outside of court.
- Legal Aid and NGO Work: Many NGOs and legal aid organisations require lawyers to provide legal assistance to underprivileged and marginalised communities.
- Legal Compliance: In-house legal departments of organisations require legal professionals to ensure that the company complies with various laws and regulations.
A law degree offers a wide range of career opportunities. The career choice depends on the individual's interests, skills, and career goals.
Law Entrance Coaching - Helping Students Achieve Top Law Careers in India
Law coaching can significantly increase a student's chances of clearing the CLAT by providing them with a comprehensive and structured approach to preparing for the exam.
Here are some ways in which law entrance coaching can help:
- Streamlined Curriculum: Good law exam coaching has a well-structured curriculum that covers all the topics that are part of the CLAT syllabus.
- Experienced Faculty: Law entrance coaching has experienced faculty members who have a deep understanding of the CLAT exam and the legal profession.
- Regular Practice Tests: These mock tests help students understand the exam's format, question types, and time constraints and help them to develop effective strategies for answering questions.
- Motivation and Confidence Building: Good law exam coaching also provides students with the motivation and confidence they need to excel on the exam. This can include counselling sessions, motivational talks, and other initiatives to boost students' morale.
Therefore, law coaching can significantly increase a student's chances of clearing the CLAT entrance test & eventually securing a good career in law in India.
Get One Step Closer to Success with Clat Possible
Clat Possible is a leading coaching institute for law entrance exams in India, which has existed for the past ten years in 12 cities in India.
Here are some of the services provided by Clat Possible that make it one of the best law entrance coaching institutes in India:
- Subject Matter Experts: Clat Possible has a team of highly qualified and experienced faculty members who are experts in their respective fields. They provide comprehensive guidance and support to students, helping them to improve their skills and achieve their goals.
- Well-researched Study Material: The institute provides comprehensive study material to students, covering all aspects of the CLAT exam syllabus. The study material includes books, practice papers, and online resources that help students to prepare effectively for the exam.
- CLAT Online Mock Tests: Clat Possible conducts regular mock tests and practice sessions to help students get a feel for the actual exam. These tests are designed to simulate the real exam, allowing students to identify their strengths and weaknesses and work on them accordingly.
- Personalised Attention: The institute provides personalised attention to each student, helping them to overcome their weaknesses and build on their strengths. The faculty members provide one-on-one guidance and support to students, helping them to improve their performance and achieve their goals.
- Doubt Clearing Sessions: There are also regular doubt-clearing sessions for students, where they can ask questions and clarify their doubts. These sessions are conducted by experienced faculty members who provide clear and concise explanations, helping students to understand complex concepts.
- Online Coaching: The online coaching programme includes live classes, online tests, and study material, providing students with the flexibility to study from anywhere, at any time.
The services mentioned above make Clat Possible one of the best law coaching institutes in India. The institute has a proven track record of success, with many of its students achieving top ranks in the CLAT exam and pursuing an excellent career in law in India.